This privacy notice describes the privacy practices of Miss Maude’s Bar of Chocolates for the data we collect:
- through our website
- when you visit our store in person or through other offline interactions
- through email messages that we send you and through your communications with us
- through our social media pages
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. For customers of Miss Maude’s, we collect Personal Data such as:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
How We Collect Personal Data
- Online Services: We collect Personal Data when you purchase goods and services from our website, communicate with us online, or sign up for our newsletter.
- In-Person Interactions: We collect Personal Data when you purchase goods and services at our store, or when you provide your Personal Data at an event.
Collection of Other Data
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. Other Data that we collect include:
- Browser and device data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
- Aggregated data
How We Collect Other Data
- Your Browser or Device: We collect certain data through your browser or through your device, such as your IP location, internet browser, device type and location, and traffic and use statistics on our website.
- Your Use of Our Apps: We collect certain data when you download and/or use one of our Apps, such as App usage data. We use Square to administer in-store purchases and Ecwid to administer online purchases. We use Gift Up! to administer our gift certificates. You can review the privacy policies of these Apps by visiting their websites at the links provided.
- Cookies: We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on our website, pages visited, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to improve usability of our website, to display data more effectively, and to collect statistical data. If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies here.
- Survey Monkey: Our Customer Survey is administered by Survey Monkey and is used to determine our customers’ chocolate preferences. Survey data is collected on a voluntary basis from only those customers who choose to complete the survey.
- Aggregated Data: We may aggregate data that we collect. This aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
Use of Personal Data and Other Data
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with services. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide these services. We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide requested services, including:
- To process payments and deliveries
- To provide payment and delivery confirmation
- To communicate with you about goods and services
- To develop new goods and services
- To improve website usage
Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Data
We share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- Service Providers: We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Miss Maude’s Bar of Chocolates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, any Sensitive Personal Data. Examples include: social security numbers, national identification number, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, criminal background, or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions.
Miss Maude's Bar of Chocolates
8801 Three Chopt Road
Richmond, VA 23229